Lake Hallie was created in 1843 as a holding pond for the Blue Mills. The first dam was destroyed in 1867.
The Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Co fabricated the bridge and it was moved to this site in 1940. The bridge was replaced in 2004.
The original records of this cemetery, written in Czech, reflect the nationality of the people who settled this area.
Captain Ellery Clark moved this company from DePere to Cadott in 1880. It operated for 18 years.
The original sawmill, named the Cartwright Mill, was founded in 1875 by David J. and Paul W. Cartwright.
Chippewa City as platted in 1856 had a church, school, bank, post office and saloons.
Organized in 1857, the sawmill grew by 1869 to be the biggest sawmill in the world under one roof.
Pure spring water was discovered here in 1700. It was protected by a Spring House in 1893, complete with a glass floor.
This is the site of a huge six-story sugar beet factory constructed in 1904.
The 1897 line operated for 28 years, running from downtown Eau Claire to Chippewa Falls. The waiting shelter is in the park.
The Cobban Bridge is the oldest of its kind in Wisconsin, constructed in 1908 by Modern Steel Structural Co. of Waukesha.
The historical home of lumber baron Edward Rutledge was built in 1874. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Civil War veterans & victims of the 1880 diphtheria epidemic are buried here. In 1887 the cemetery was dedicated by Edson Chubb.
Built in 1917 in memory of Edward Rutledge to help people in need and to assist charitable organizations.
Ezra Cornell founded the city of Cornell and Cornell University in Ithica, New York