By the year 1855, mail arrived by "pony express," and two years later a bi-weekly stage line was established.
This congregation was organized in 1868 in Vanville, later renamed Bloomer.
In 1847, George Myers, who came from Germany, started this 80 acre farm.
This is the oldest Protestant church in the city of Chippewa Falls, organized in 1855.
The Rutledge Home was built by Edward Rutledge in memory of his wife Hannah. It still operates as a nursing home.
Hiram Stores Allen built the first gristmill, the first flour-mill, and the first hotel in Chippewa Falls.
In 1905, eleven men drowned and five men miraculously survived when attempting to break a log jam.
The cave and seven acres of land were purchased in 1871 for the storage of beer for Schmitmayer's Brewery.
The Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Co. fabricated the bridge in 1907. It originally crossed Duncan Creek on Grand Ave.
Chippewa Falls' oldest industry was established in 1867 by Jacob Leinenkugel. He called it the "Spring Brewery."
Bate was a member of the State House of Representatives and Secretary of Union Lumber Co.
Jean Brunet was born in France & moved to Chippewa Falls in 1828. He built the first dams on the Chippewa River.
Architecturally significant, this is the only Duncan Creek bridge that survived the destructive flood of 1934.
This site originally held the 1870s Hiram S. Allen gristmill. The mill foundation rock was used to build the new shoe factory.
Farmers organized Wisconsin Power Cooperative in 1937. This historic plant was retired from service and dismantled in 1975.