On 600 acres of land offered by the city, the "Wisconsin Home for the Feebleminded" opened June 17, 1897.
This fair has been held in Chippewa Falls since 1851 and is still operating every summer in our city.
Chippewa County's first church, the mother church of all area Catholic churches.
Old Abe the War Eagle served with Company C, Eighth Wisconsin in 42 skirmishes and battles during the Civil War.
Built in 1907 as a Catholic school, this building now serves as the Heyde Center for the Arts.
From 1859, this is the oldest commercial building still standing in Chippewa Falls, originally was a saloon & boarding house.
Grazing area for pigs & other livestock of the Leinenkugel family during the 1800s. Now part of the Duncan Creek Parkway Trail.
This log house was built by Norwegian immigrant Ole Pederson Bjerke about 1881. In 1979 it was moved to Irvine Park for display.
The County of Chippewa, through its local legislative body, decided in 1894 to build a county asylum.
From 1911-12 and 175 feet high, the Stacker is believed to be the last of its kind still standing in the world.
Goldsmith's first Chippewa Falls work was construction of Notre Dame Catholic Church. His body lies in a crypt under the altar.
Built in 1906, St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is the oldest Orthodox Church building in Wisconsin.
This was the location of an ornate pioneer mansion built by Hiram Allen. It was frequented by Chippewa Indians in the 1800s.
Joseph Sokup opened Sokup's Market about 1891. The 4th generation owner, Peter Sokup, continues to operate at the same location.
This footbridge spanned Spring Brook during the early 1900's. The new bridge, constructed in 2010, resembles the original.